Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is the latest beast from Samsung in the S series. Coming to all features, reviews, likes and other adjectives used for S7 it stands to a point that it’s the best phone of the year in terms of design, functionality and all other useful features. The best feature about camera is using dual pixel via it can easily focus images in a very short time. Let’s get to the point, In this tutorial I’ll be showing you how to install TWRP recovery (version 3.0.2) on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935/F/FD/X/W8/K/L/S.
For newbies, the reason behind installing a custom recovery is to install custom themes, apps and other zip formatted files via recovery to change the whole theme, functions and add more features via it. Read each step carefully so you can make your way to it.
Before you Begin: (must do)
- Charge your Galaxy S7 up to 60% or 70% so you won’t be having any tension of charging your device if it takes more time.
- The PC needs to support your Galaxy S7 device, for that you need to install Samsung USB Drivers. Install Samsung USB Drivers and download it from here.
- If you are a newbie, you must know the basics of rooting, custom recoveries and all that stuff so you should be also aware of the risks. Maybe, if something happens wrong before that you need to know how to handle.
- All Set!
Download Required Files:
Steps Installing Recovery On Your Device:
- Go to your Galaxy S7 Edge Settings > About > Tap 7 times continuously on “Build Number” to enable the “Developer Options” on your device. This will prevent your phone from problems while installing the recovery or booting up.
- Download the Odin application to your PC and extract the ZIP file in your PC.
- Restart your phone into download mode by holding Power Button and choose Reboot, after that Hold Volume Down + Home and your device will be in progress of rebooting. You’ll see a Warning! message while phone boots up, release the buttons and press Volume Up Button it will continue you to download mode. Now you are in download mode.
- Now, open the Odin application in your PC and connect your phone to PC via USB cable. You’ll see Added! message in the message box of Odin application that means your phone is properly connected and supported by PC. If it doesn’t appears try re-installing your Samsung USB Drivers so your phone can be supported.
- Now, also download the TWRP Recovery file.
- Go to Odin application, Click on AP and choose the recovery tar file. After that click on Start.
- After the process, you’ll see a green message writing “Pass” which means you have installed custom recovery.
- Now, to go to into recovery mode, Just press & hold Volume Up + Home Button and your phone will boot into recovery mode. After that release the buttons.